Journalists and bloggers are constantly receiving pitches from PR pros working to get their clients media coverage. An online mention from a respected journalist or blogger can mean big things for a client, but irritating them and losing the opportunity is extremely easy.
Christine OKelly from Dashburst recently asked a group of journalists and bloggers what people do that drives them crazy when they submit pitches or material and then compiled them into a list for the rest of the PR community to take notes from. Below are the six reasons your pitch will definitely be skipped over:
1. Not understanding the publication’s focus
2. Receiving promotional contributions
3. Receiving already-used content
4. Ignoring the publisher’s guidelines
5. Receiving poorly edited content
6. Receiving non-personalized pitches
Check out the article for more in-depth information about each reason.